I had the very great pleasure of chatting recently with the talented Australian author Sulari Gentill.
Click here for my review of Chasing Odysseus (Sulari’s pacy YA reinvention of Homer’s Odyssey). I’ll be posting a review of the first book in her renowned Rowland Sinclair Aussie crime fiction series soon.
Like me, Sulari used to be a lawyer, and like me she figured out one day that she loved inhabiting fictional worlds more than clauses and contracts. We had a brilliant discussion covering everything from Harry Potter, to Sulari’s prolific output and wonderfully quirky (and effective!) writing rituals.
I’ll be posting a proper profile, arising from that interview, shortly. In the meantime, here’s a little taster: Sulari’s off-the-cuff, ‘gut’ responses to 12 quick-fire questions. Enjoy!
1. Are you right or left-handed?
2. Cat or dog person?
3. Thunderstorms – scary or exciting?
4. Complete the sentence: He scanned the room, but all he saw was…
5. Morning person or night owl?
6. Black or white in chess?
7. Do you chew your pencil?
8. What’s the first word that comes to mind when you think of writing?
9. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
10. Are you superstitious?
11. Any vices?
12. Which human quality do you most distrust?
Can’t wait to share more about Sulari with you! Till then, keep the pages turnin’!